Ross Solar, a ConEdison Solutions Company located in Danbury CT, founded by the Ross family in 2007, and as of December 2016, part of the ConEdison Solutions Company, is looking for an Installer II to join our ever growing Solar Installation Team.
Ross Solar provides solar installation and consulting services to home owners, businesses and municipalities in the Northeast, and has installed more than 17MW of solar for businesses and homeowners in various geographic regions such as Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York City as well as Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties in New York State. Now, as a ConEdison Solutions company, Ross Solar is able to leverage its understanding of solar with the experience, stability and integrity of one of America's largest energy companies.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes benefits such as:
Health, dental and vision benefits
Paid time off and paid Holidays
401K with generous company match
Stock Purchase Plan
Tuition Aid Program
Steady work load
The Installer II is responsible for assisting peers and superiors with layout and installation of solar array systems from plan. He/she must maintain a clean and secure job site at all times which includes activities such as: grounds keeping, debris removal, hauling and hoisting materials when needed, panel washing, and oversight of contractors as required. Must possess the ability to use hand and power tools and convey a positive image of the company both internally and externally.
1. Layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware including racking, modules, and electrical components.
2. Provide support to Lead Installer Electrician as needed including; assist in the job site preparation, setting up ladders, loading/unloading equipment, and other safety equipment.
3. Tools and equipment maintenance- maintain all tools and equipment; pick up tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
4. Assist in on-site cleaning, repair and maintenance of components including panel washing; troubleshoot and resolve problems that may arise, and performing like duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience as a solar installer or equivalent
- OSHA 10 certified
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic rigging and signaling certification
- Scaffolding competent certification
- Forklift driving experience
- Good understanding of means and methods
- Demonstrate ability to learn
- Pushing/pulling/lifting tools and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk/climb/stand extensively during the work day
- Knowledge of and experience with hand and power tools
- Knowledge of environmental and safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma or GED required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check which includes criminal, driving and drug screen
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.