The Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (“CEB”) are wholly owned subsidiaries of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (“CEI”). The CEBs develop, own and operate renewable energy projects and provide energy services to wholesale, commercial and government customers throughout the United States.
The Settlements Analyst is responsible for the validation and reconciliation of energy (electric and gas) invoices and comparison to settlement detail to ensure that charges and credits are proper, including contacting the ISO and counterparties if a dispute or clarification of charges is warranted. Working directly with the trading desks, s/he will provide information and data support for performance tracking. The Analyst will support Accounting by providing pricing and volumes information for month-end accruals. Responsible for maintaining data for regulatory filing, e.g. FERC EQR and FERC 552.
This position may require extended hours and must be available for month-end accounting close including weekends and holidays.
1. Settlements and Reports: Create shadow settlements and comparisons of invoices; work with manager to identify, submit and track disputes. Provide to Accounting proper account coding for electric power generation from the managed assets; and purchases and sales of various market products, e.g. physical gas, energy, capacity. Attend ISO meetings related to settlements and communicate changes to other departments. Download available settlement statements and data files, comparing those statements and files to the invoices and shadow reports; research and correct variances; delivering validation and comparison reports to the appropriate personnel, including external counterparties in a timely and accurate manner. Create month- to-date settlement reports to generation asset owners; reconcile settlement reports to PSoft and research and correct any differences. Other reports and analyses as assigned by the manager.
2. Energy Markets: Assist traders in economic valuation of transactions which will require developing and maintaining current knowledge of ISO/RTO and trading settlement rules, wholesale power market structure, gas settlements contracts and over-the –counter settlement and pricing of commodity transactions.
3. Systems: Assist IT in directing the flow of data internally and externally ( e.g. meter reads, utilities’ supplier websites; load data) and support system testing efforts to ensure data integrity.
4. Regulatory Reporting: Maintain data, generate reports and regularly distribute current data to other departments in support of regulatory filings.
5. Policies and Procedures: Assist in updating procedures and process flow charts.
6. Accounting: Provide information to Accounting to perform month-end accrual. Estimate month-end volumes and values and ensure such are accurately reflected in PSoft. Perform AR/AP analysis and other accounting close and ad hoc reports as necessary. May require extended hours during month-end closing process.
• Bachelor Degree
• General knowledge of the energy and gas industry a plus
• 0 – 3 years experience
• Excellent MS Excel skills - be able to execute sums, averages, min, max, lookups and conditional equations, pivot tables
• Strong analytical and computer skills are required. Some familiarity with database setup and query is a plus. Must be comfortable with learning new software and manipulating reports.
•Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of company personnel and external customers. Must be able to work in an open interactive environment.
• Highly organized
• Motivated and a self-learner
• Detail and process oriented
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.