For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions, Con Edison Development, and Con Edison Energy have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (CEI). The CEBs develop, own and operate renewable energy projects and provide energy services to wholesale, commercial and government customers throughout the United States. The CEB’s have annual revenue of approximately $500 million and assets of $3 billion.
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses seek to hire a Senior Tax Accountant who will be responsible for coordinating, reviewing and compiling all of CEB's taxes including federal and state income taxes, state annual reports and registrations, gross receipts taxes, sales taxes, real estate and personal property taxes. The Tax Accountant is also responsible for preparing federal and state income tax provisions.
The Senior Tax Accountant acts as liaison with and provides guidance and responses to Con Edison’s tax department, CEB Finance and Accounting, Information Technology, tax auditors, outside tax consultants and CPA firms as required; keeps abreast of all state and federal filing requirements including changes in the tax law and rate changes in both existing and new territories.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance is required
• MBA/CPA desirable but not required
• Five to Ten (5-10) years of general accounting experience
• Five to Ten (5-10) years of years of tax experience, specifically filing of federal, state, sales or gross receipts tax returns
• Able to produce accurate and detailed work under pressure and on time
• Strives for continuous job process improvements
• Requires good communications skills
• Must be able to present information orally and in written form in a clear and concise manner
• Knowledgeable in the area of book-to-tax differences and filing of corporate federal & state income tax returns
• Proficient office computer skills such as, Excel, Outlook, Word
• Competent in OneSource OIT and Onesource OSA
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft system and PowerPlan Provision, a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.