· Compiles all pay data to upload into ADP and audits semi-monthly multi-state payrolls for accuracy
· Administers ADP Time and Attendance module and reviews time cards prior to payroll transmission
· Establishes earnings, deduction and memo codes with ADP as required
· Completes the new hire wizard for payroll data (salary, direct deposit, tax, LOB, BU and other additional fields)
· Responds promptly and courteously to all payroll inquiries from employees and management
· Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
· Reconciles quarterly and year-end employee and employer tax liabilities
· Consistently ensures the integrity of payroll data and records
· Researches, provides analysis and resolves complex payroll issues regarding benefits, taxation and reporting
· Ensures that the company is in compliance with changes in wage and tax laws and corresponds with federal, state and local tax agencies on behalf of the company
· Responds to state and federal tax notices as required
· Process all non-benefit employee changes to payroll deductions (direct deposits, tax withholding, 401K, Health Savings accounts, etc.)
· Maintains payroll and tax reports, ensuring timely receipt and record accuracy
· Prepare wires for 401k, stock purchase and payroll funding
· Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual reports run from ADP, including adhoc requests from CECONY and management
· Responsible for semi-monthly ADP management reports, ensuring receipt by outside vendors
· Ensure GL mapping is correct and update as needed
· Prepares, reviews and uploads all semi-monthly payroll and benefit related journal entries to the general ledger
· Reconciles all payroll general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
· Process invoices (MetLife, AFLAC, ADP)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.