For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions, Con Edison Development, and Con Edison Energy have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc.
Con Edison Solutions is an experienced, multi-disciplined, U.S.-based energy services company (ESCO) building sustainable and resilient energy infrastructure for our clients’ facilities nationwide. Our clients include all levels of government and education, hospitals and healthcare, businesses, and homeowners, and we offer a variety energy efficiency programs, renewable power systems and energy advisory and procurement services.
Our team of energy experts has earned Con Edison Solutions the reputation of being a highly-trusted energy solutions provider that helps our clients improve their buildings’ overall energy performance so they can remain focused on their primary activity.
Con Edison Solutions (CES) is looking for a senior level Energy Services Sales Executive. The Sales Executive is responsible for developing and closing project sales in the State & Local Government and Higher Education markets in his/her designated territory, primarily focused on the New England states (MA, NH, VT, RI, CT). Success with these accounts will enable Con Edison Solutions to maintain a leadership position in the Energy Service and HVAC Design/Build market including the sale of performance contracting, DBOOM, utility privatization, HVAC design/build, renewable energy (solar, wind and energy storage), and other energy management services.
The Energy Services Sales Executive will develop and implement long-range account plans for selling and servicing key accounts by defining contracting and financing strategies that align with the clients’ key drivers. Candidates must be capable of presenting integrated solutions that include engineering, financial, deal-structuring and technology based concepts. The position may require up to 50% travel.
Locations: New York, Boston-MA, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
• Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in engineering or finance.
• 10+ years Performance Contracting (PC) sales experience to clients in the State & Local Government and Higher Education Markets, preferably in the Northeastern U.S.
• Experience in developing and closing Design, Build, Own, Operate, Maintain (DBOOM) opportunities in the Higher Education market a significant plus.
• Proven track record for prospecting and developing new business opportunities.
• Extensive experience managing sales relationships across multiple opportunities.
• Responsible for development and implementation of sales plan consistent with key business objectives.
• Familiarity with complex technical products and services and finance deal structures.
• Proven track record at establishing and implementing successful marketing strategies and tactics designed to maximize near term opportunities, while building for longer-term company goals.
• Innovative deal-maker who develops profitable solutions to complex problems in highly competitive markets.
• Demonstrated ability to capitalize on industry changes driven by regulation and changes in market structures with successful execution of structured transactions and the development of new products.
• Team Leader capable of guiding and coordinating the activities of technical and other project support staff such as project managers and development/energy engineers.
• Provide ongoing and regular feedback to Sales Management and internal sales support relevant to key account opportunities.
• Strong negotiating and communications skills.
• Knowledge of complex deal-structuring and financing concepts.
• Ability to evaluate the commercial potential of integrated energy solutions.
• Ability to develop and refine appropriate sales strategies for each key account opportunity.
• Understanding of risks and drivers of the regulated energy industry, as well as the non-regulated retail business.
• Strong drive and initiative coupled with a professional image.
• Strong business acumen.
• Excellent oral, written, analytical and computer skills.
• Strong relationships within the marketplace including knowledge of key industry metrics or rules and regulations.
• Team player. Ability to develop and leverage internal relationships with operations staff members.
• Solid quantitative skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.