Ross Solar was founded by the Ross family in 2007 to provide solar installation and consulting services to home owners, businesses and municipalities in the Northeast. Now, as a ConEdison Solutions company, Ross Solar is able to leverage its understanding of solar with the experience, stability and integrity of one of America's largest energy companies.
Licensed in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York City as well as Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties in New York State, since its founding Ross Solar has installed more than fourteen thousand kilowatts of solar for businesses and homeowners.
We offer a competitive salary with an annual target bonus, 401k plan with company match, comprehensive benefit package, generous time off policy, matching employee stock purchase plan, excellent tuition aid program and a collaborative working environment in a growing organization.
We are looking for a Junior Engineer to join our team. The Junior Engineer is responsible for assisting in the engineering development and design of residential and commercial solar energy projects associated with new buildings and retrofits. With minimal supervision, the Junior Engineer will work under the direction of the Senior Engineer from project conception through construction completion. Associated responsibilities include but are not limited to; engineering design and drafting, occasional field investigations, and construction site visits. The Junior Engineer will also assist the Sales team with design material for proposals, as well as the field personnel to ensure accurate design and project plan drawings.
1. Work with the design team to assist in the proper layout of solar energy projects from conception to final plan set for construction, utilizing CAD to draw accurate plans
2. Assist the sales team with drawings and technical support as needed for sales activity including compilation of proposals and responding to RFP's
3. Work with utility companies to solve complex grid-tied interconnection related issues
4. Provide technical support to the installation crew as questions arise, and assist with site visits as required
5. Work in conjunction with the Senior Manager to develop the technical abilities of the support staff
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.