For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions, Con Edison Development, and Con Edison Energy have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc.
As part of the ConEdison Clean Energy Businesses Accounts Payable team, the Accounts Payable Accountant will be responsible for the processing of complex accounts payable transactions for all the Competitive Energy Businesses. The Accounts Payable Accountant is also responsible for timely entry of 250+ invoices weekly and audit employee expense reimbursements in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. In addition, the Accounts Payable Accountant will provide support for pay cycles, maintain all electronic files and assist with the month-end closing activities.
1. Daily voucher input into PeopleSoft A/P system, and review of output to verify that an appropriate account/department/product/LOB/project combination is used each time. Verify information of uploaded invoices.
2. Responsible for vendor and W-9 maintenance;
3. Ensure all submitted payment requests have proper back-up documentation, accurate coding, required signatures for approval and also ensure corporate policy compliance.
4. Prepare and ensure timely payment processing of invoices and expense reimbursements via check, ACH or wire payments.
5. Maintain Accounts Payable files – including filing, scanning and storage of documents;
6. Respond to vendor and internal inquiries relating to payment status and supporting documentation for month end and/or internal/external audits.
7. Assist with special projects, office administration, and reporting as needed;
• Associate Degree in accounting or business-related field preferred.
• Two years of Accounts Payable and/or accounting/finance experience preferred
• Proactive, self-starter
• Experience working in a professional environment
• Must be able to handle all aspects of Accounts Payable
• Experience with accounting software programs, preferably PeopleSoft
• Fully functional with Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel and Word
• General knowledge of financial and accounting business practices
• Demonstrated ability in multi-tasking and interacting with other departments to accomplish goals
• Must be flexible, detail oriented, and possess good analytical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.