The Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (“CEB”) are wholly owned subsidiaries of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (“CEI”). The CEBs develop, own and operate renewable energy projects and provide energy services to wholesale, commercial and government customers throughout the United States.
The CEB’s include the unregulated energy companies ConEdison Solutions, ConEdison Energy, ConEdison Development, and Competitive Shared Services, and are a leading national provider of energy and energy services. The CEBs have more than 1000 MW of solar photovoltaic projects and wind farm projects in various stages of operation and development nationwide and is the 5th largest solar company in the United States.
This is your opportunity to join our talented professionals as a Summer Intern in any of our divisions. We offer students a 10-week (40 hour work week) paid internship program that runs from June 4th through August 10th. This position is located in our Valhalla, NY office.
• Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate program at an accredited institution taking at least one class in the semester prior to the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic and be flexible in meeting assignments.
• Excellent analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and a high energy level are required.
• Previous entry level work experience strongly preferred
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills
While assignments for the CEB IT Intern will come from the CEB IT Applications group, additional assignments can come from the Site & Core Infrastructure groups. Some of the types of projects include:
• Coordinate server virtualization and application upgrades between applications and infrastructure group
• Develop custom applications to support the business
• Perform enhancements to selected existing applications
• Meet with areas of the business to document processes
The intern will have the opportunity to apply technical skills learned in school to solve real world business problems. He or she will gain experience both working as a member of a team and independently. The intern should also expect to gain exposure to both the application and infrastructure areas of IT.
• Core Programming knowledge, including experience in VB.NET, C#, Java, C, C++, PowerShell, Python, SQL, ASP, HTML and XML
• Fundamental network knowledge, including familiarity with routers, switches, and firewalls
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work independently or in a group
• Detail oriented individual
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
• Easily motivated with a solid work ethic Interest in energy industry/ renewable energy
• The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, with a high level of integrity, initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity.
• Candidates who live within a commutable distance
• Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
• Must provide proper work authorization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.