For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions, Con Edison Development, and Con Edison Energy have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc.
Ross Solar was founded by the Ross family in 2007 to provide solar installation and consulting services to home owners, businesses and municipalities in the Northeast. Now, as a Con Edison Solutions company, Ross Solar is able to leverage its understanding of solar with the experience, stability and integrity of one of America's largest energy companies.
Licensed in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York City as well as Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties in New York State, since its founding Ross Solar has installed more than fourteen thousand kilowatts of solar for businesses and homeowners.
We are continually looking for Installers to assist in the installation of residential and commercial PV systems.
The Installer III is responsible for leading/coordinating all efforts associated with the layout and installation of solar array systems from plan. This includes coordination and oversight of the team composed of installers, electrician, and subcontractor, to ensure the job meets the company’s quality and safety standards. He/she must be able, and willing, to work side by side with the team to complete projects/jobs on time and on budget as assigned.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes benefits such as:
• Health, dental and vision benefits
• Paid time off and paid Holidays
• 401K with generous company match
• Stock Purchase Plan
• Life insurance
• Tuition Aid Program
• Steady work load
• Collaborative environment
We are hosting a job fair on Saturday, May 26th from 8:00 am - 10:00 am. If you are interested in learning more about the Renewable Energy Industry stop by.
38 Beaver Brook Road
Danbury, CT 06810
1. Layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware including racking, modules, and electrical components.
2. Lead the team and provide support as needed including; coordination of project logistics, assist in the job site preparation, setting up ladders, loading/unloading equipment, and other safety equipment.
3. Work with Designer and Engineer to ensure clear understanding of project design and equipment procurement and delivery. Material management: Ensuring all material for construction is gathered and transported/delivered to site.
4. Oversight of team with a large focus on safety and quality control.
5. Crew management: Ensuring acurate and timely reporting of crew to site.
6. Time managemet: Efficient management of time to ensure timely reporting to project site, minimizing idle and transit time.
• High school diploma or GED required
• 3+ years of experience as a solar installer or equivalent
• NAPCEB certification or approved to sit for exam, or possess electrical license
• OSHA 10, or higher, certified
• Valid driver’s license
• Basic rigging and signaling certification
• Scaffolding competent certification
• Forklift driving experience
• Able to take leadership role with supervision of two to four installers
• Ability to read blueprints/building plans
• Good understanding of means and methods
• Strategic thinker with the ability to see the whole job/project from beginning to end
• Demonstrate ability to learn
• Knowledge of environmental and safety policies and procedures
• Ability to work within tight deadlines
• Ability to multi task
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.