For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions, Con Edison Development, and Con Edison Energy have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc.
Con Edison Development (CED) focuses on the development, ownership and operation of renewable assets.
The Site Operator is responsible for the on-site generation of renewable energy at all plants in CED’s Texas portfolio. The candidate will be responsible for operating, maintaining and monitoring renewable energy assets (wind, solar, etc.) and energy infrastructure projects through close collaboration with Con Edison Development's operators, engineers, electricians, project managers and developers as well as on-site subcontractors.
The candidate will be responsible for the daily operation, planned and corrective maintenance and event response for CED assets in the Texas region. The candidate will be responsible for operating one or more plants (home base), as well as overseeing all operations, maintenance, and event responses at the other plants in the region. The candidate will furthermore be responsible for ensuring all operations and maintenance activities in the region are performed in accordance with industry best practices and best safety, practices, ConEdison Development procedures, plans, and guidelines as well as all pertinent laws and regulations.
1. Plant Operations – Oversee production of renewable energy at all plants in a particular region, ensuring that plants operate within design parameters in a reliable, safe and efficient manner. Monitor production to ensure plants are meeting performance expectations. Coordinate and resolve operational abnormalities.
2. Plant Maintenance – Supervise and coordinate maintenance and repair of plant components; troubleshoot and resolve problems that may arise. Perform preventive/predictive maintenance to ensure long term profitability, plant reliability and risk minimization.
3. Technical Support – Perform operational analysis as required to support Asset Management and Project Development. Create, review and distribute daily, weekly and monthly operational reports.
4. Technical Expertise – Stay abreast of regulations, codes and standards as they relate to the industry. Develop relationships with suppliers that result in beneficial synergies.
5. General – Manage contractors as required, act as local CED liaison, develop long range plans and work with local civic groups as required.
Experience (please include the number of years required):
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.