For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions, Con Edison Development, and Con Edison Energy have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are a part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc.
And as we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire a seasoned member for the Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses Accounts Payable team. As part of the team, the Accounts Payable Accountant will be responsible for processing complex accounts payable transactions for all of the Clean Energy Businesses. The Accounts Payable Accountant is also responsible for the timely entry of 250+ invoices weekly and will audit employee expense reimbursements in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. In addition, the Accounts Payable Accountant will provide support for pay cycles, maintain all electronic files and assist with month-end closing activities.
Position Type: Temporary to Permanent.
• Daily voucher input into PeopleSoft A/P system, and review output to verify that an appropriate account, department, product, LOB, project combination is used each time. Ensure all submitted payment requests have proper back-up documentation, accurate coding, required signatures for approval, and also ensure compliance with corporate policy.
• Verify information of uploaded invoices.
• Responsible for vendor and W-9 maintenance.
• Prepare and ensure timely payment processing of invoices and expense reimbursements via check, ACH or wire payments.
• Maintain Accounts Payable files including filing, scanning and storage of documents.
• Respond to vendor and internal inquiries relating to payment status and supporting documentation for month-end and/or internal/external audits.
• Assist with special projects, office administration and reporting as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.