Con Edison Development (CED)—a subsidiary and registered trademark of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (NYSE: ED)— acquires, develops, builds and operates large renewable and energy infrastructure of solar and wind projects, as well as has battery storage assets. CED is the second largest owner and operator of solar assets in North America with a portfolio of 2,600 MW AC in 17 states.
As CED continues to grow, we are looking for a Project Development Engineer who will be responsible for the technical deliverables required for the development of solar and energy storage projects including but not limited to site design, preliminary scheduling, cost estimating, survey and report review, and interconnection. This individual will work closely with the project development team to provide technical support for preliminary project design deliverables, site assessments, permit applications and bid proposals. The Engineer will be responsible for managing consultants and contractors as part of developing the project design. This individual will participate in the due diligence and valuation efforts for potential project acquisitions and provide review and recommendations based on technical considerations. Additionally, this individual will support evaluation of technologies and vendors, as well as handle multiple projects, progressing them through the development process.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (or equivalent)
• Ability to work in project-type environment with tight deadlines and concurrent deliverables
• Work closely with the business development team on development initiatives
• Strong technical expertise and ability to provide sound technical guidance
• Ability to review technical designs, reports and documentation, and provide analysis.
• Ability to define tasks, set targets and meet deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong organizational aptitude, analytical and decision-making capabilities
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in renewable energy, or related field.
• Experience in construction of renewable energy facilities or construction of similar facilities.
• Experience managing contractors and consultants.
• Experience working with suppliers of major equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.