The Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (“CEB”) are wholly owned subsidiaries of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (“CEI”). The CEBs develop, own and operate renewable energy projects and provide energy services to wholesale, commercial and government customers throughout the United States.
Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, through its three main subsidiaries, develops, owns, and operates renewable and energy infrastructure assets and provides energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail customers.
Con Edison Solutions is an energy services company that provides renewable energy, sustainability services, cost-effective energy efficiency solutions, demand response, and energy performance contracting.
Con Edison Development develops, owns, and operates renewable and energy infrastructure. It is one of the largest solar owners and operators in North America.
Con Edison Energy is an experienced power marketer and asset manager, providing customized energy-management services to a broad range of clients.
This is your opportunity to join our talented professionals as a Summer Intern in any of our divisions.
Dates: June 2019 through August 2019
Location: San Diego, CA office
Length of Program: 10-weeks (40 hour work week)
Paid internship program
Applications: April 11, 2019 – April 22, 2019
Interviews: April 2019, on a rolling basis
Based on your background and interests, you will be matched to, interview with, and work on a team for 10 weeks during the summer.
• Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate program at an accredited institution taking at least one class in the semester prior to the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic and be flexible in meeting assignments.
• Excellent analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and a high energy level are required.
• Previous entry level work experience strongly preferred
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills
• Strongly prefer candidates who live within a commutable distance
• Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
• Must provide proper work authorization
• As a condition of employment, must successfully complete a background check
Summer Internship Details/Description:
Company/Department: Con Edison Development – Asset Management
Preferred Academic Discipline(s): Business, Environmental Sciences, Engineering
The purpose of this Summer Internship is to provide college students with work experience in their chosen academic field.
The Renewable Energy Asset Management Summer Intern will work in the Asset Management group in Con Edison Development’s San Diego office. The Intern will provide support on optimizing the operational and commercial performance of our renewable energy portfolio of projects.
• Supporting the Asset Management team in identifying new opportunities to enhance the operational and financial performance of utility scale solar projects in CED’s West Coast portfolio.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting associated with project finance loan compliance
• Budget reporting and analysis
• Assist in populating key informational aspects of renewable energy information management system (Bluepoint/3 Megawatt)
• Creative development of new informational content and digital signage for the Renewable Energy Performance Center video wall
• Current student of at least Sophomore status in good standing with the university and a minimum of a 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Adobe Pro and Excel is highly desirable
• Experience and interest in Renewable Energy is also a plus
• Comfortable learning new technology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.