WHO WE ARE
For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions (CES), Con Edison Development (CED) and Con Edison Energy (CEE) have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies.
CED is a leading developer of solar, wind and battery storage throughout the United States and currently owns and operates over 2.6 GW of renewable energy projects and is the second largest owner and operator of solar photovoltaic facilities in the U.S. CED leads the industry in the development, ownership and operation of renewable energy projects by providing engineering, permitting, interconnection, construction management, start-up and commissioning expertise, as well as operations and maintenance services. CED also has deep experience in financial management for power generation facilities.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer great career opportunities and are able to check some of your boxes including:
ABOUT THE POSITION
The CEBs have a growing renewable pipeline and we are looking to add as an essential member to the team in Valhalla, NY. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing all activities required to deliver successful utility scale solar (PV) design-build projects. Projects include Investment Solar (PV) assessments, infrastructure construction, implementation contracts, conceptual engineering design, forensic engineering evaluations and system/building commissioning. The Project Manager will manage developmental engineering, pre-construction engineering, pre-construction contractor selection and bidding, contractor performance from mobilization to commissioning/startup. This member will manage and coordinate internal resources including engineers, construction managers, quality/safety managers and project control managers. The Project Manager will be responsible for representation of the project’s status and problems and their solutions to senior management for implementation of solutions.
Location: Valhalla, NY
• Bachelor degree in engineering (i.e. civil, structural, mechanical or electrical) required
• P.E. license desired
• PMP certification desired
• 5 to 10 years of experience as a project manager preferred.
• Significant experience as a project manager with responsibility for management of project budget, schedule, engineering performance, construction performance, commissioning performance, quality performance and safety performance required.
• Solar or wind project management or construction management experience required. At least 1 year of field construction experience (experience as construction manager / site manager / field engineer / field project control engineer) required.
• At least 1 year of engineering management of project teams required.
• Demonstrated experience in safety focused work environment required.
• Experience in building codes, permitting and union issues
• Sound and proven engineering management, construction management, project cost controls, project scheduling and project management skills
• Strong contract administration and construction risk management skills
• Strong demonstrated experience in management of change and cost control of capital projects
• Strong leadership, written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills
• An ability to represent the company with integrity and professionalism
• An ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong computer skills including Excel, MS Project, Primavera and Word
• Familiarity with OSHA guidelines and reporting requirements; OSHA-10 or higher is preferred
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Up to 25% travel may be required
We offer a very competitive salary with annual target bonus, 401k plan with company match, comprehensive benefit package, generous time off policy, matching Employee Stock Purchase Plan, excellent Tuition Aid Program and a collaborative working environment in a growing organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.