The Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (“CEB”) are wholly owned subsidiaries of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (“CEI”). The CEBs develop, own and operate renewable energy projects and provide energy services to wholesale, commercial and government customers throughout the United States. Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses, through its three main subsidiaries, develops, owns, and operates renewable and energy infrastructure assets and provides energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail customers.
Con Edison Solutions is an energy services company that provides renewable energy, sustainability services, cost-effective energy efficiency solutions, demand response, and energy performance contracting.
Con Edison Development develops, owns, and operates renewable and energy infrastructure. It is one of the largest solar owners and operators in North America.
Con Edison Energy is an experienced power marketer and asset manager, providing customized energy-management services to a broad range of clients.
Our Paid Summer Internship Program provides students with real work experience, a chance for the student to work with a diverse pool of talent, while also providing informative lunch and learns and workshops.
This is your opportunity to join our talented professionals as a Summer Intern in any of our divisions.
Dates: June 2020 through August 2020
Location: Valhalla, NY office
Length of Program: 10-weeks (40-hour work week)
Paid internship program
Applications: October 2019 – January 2020
Based on your background and interests, you will be matched to, interview with, and work on a team for 10 weeks during the summer.
• Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate program at an accredited institution taking at least one class in the semester prior to the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
• Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic and be flexible in meeting assignments.
• Excellent analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and a high energy level are required.
• Previous entry level work experience strongly preferred
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills
• Strongly prefer candidates who live within a commutable distance
• Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
• Must provide proper work authorization
• As a condition of employment, must successfully complete a background check
Department: Finance – Budgeting and Forecasting
Preferred Academic Discipline(s): Finance/Accounting/Business/Mathematics
The purpose of this Summer Internship is to provide college students with work experience in their chosen academic field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support in the planning and preparation of the annual Budget, which includes updating the budgeting software to take inputs from users, analyzing and preparing the benefits and tax assumptions, corporate charge allocations etc.
• The intern will work closely with the budget group and will attend planning meetings that will provide extensive learning opportunities on collaboration and teamwork.
• Assist in the efforts to prepare documentation for CEB insurance renewal.
• Assist in updating financial models/proformas.
• Assist in financial forecast including income statement and cash forecast, etc.
• Prepare financial charts for CEB and CEI Board presentations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Understanding of the financial statements and experience with financial modeling
• Completion of introductory course in finance.
• Assertive individual who can work both independently and in a team environment.
• Completes assignments in a timely manner, works diligently and asks clarifying questions when necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.