WHO WE ARE
For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions (CES), Con Edison Development (CED) and Con Edison Energy (CEE) have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, along with Con Edison Battery Storage as of 2018, they are all part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies. The Con Edison CEBs are the second largest developer of solar, wind and battery storage systems throughout the United States, with 2.6 GW of renewable energy projects.
WHY WORK FOR US
In the energy industry, electricity is the only energy resource that is both generated and consumed at nearly the same time. The ability to store energy with advanced battery technologies has been able to decouple coincident electricity consumption from generation. With the sharp increase of renewable energy coming online, the need for energy storage has grown immensely as electric grids and their customers increasingly consume Green Energy. Con Edison Battery Storage seeks to provide state of the art energy storage system to assist the electric grid in North America achieve it highest potential of incorporating renewable energy.
We offer great career opportunities and are able to check some of your boxes including:
• Be a part of a market leader and one of the largest solar energy producers in North America
• Improve the planet by helping us further reduce carbon emissions
• Collaborate with dynamic teams who are high performing professionals
• Create and improve on our renewable innovation and battery storage footprint
• Obtain a customized career path
• Obtain a competitive compensation package
• Select from comprehensive health plans and other benefits
• Utilize our generous tuition reimbursement program
• Have fun and join us for company events and social causes
ABOUT THE POSITION
Con Edison Battery Storage is positioned for significant growth in the coming years with excellent opportunities for advancement and professional development for its employees. To support the growing Energy Storage pipeline, we are looking to add as an essential member to the Battery Storage team in Milwaukee, WI.
The Engineer position for the Field Operations Team will be responsible for ensuring the reliable, safe and efficient commissioning and operation of commercial and utility scale owned by CED or by our customers. The Engineer will have experience in renewable technologies (i.e. solar, wind and battery storage), equipment selection, identification of problems utilizing predictive methods, resolving operational problems, bid preparation and evaluation, contractor selection, general utility operations and maintenance practices, procedure writing, creation of reports utilizing project historians, as well as having a good understanding of utility distribution systems. The member is expected to be well versed in power engineering and have practical hands on experience with a proven track record in the energy industry. They will support the team in achieving business goals by participating in design reviews as well as providing feedback to system designers. Also, they will be responsible for establishing an ongoing partnership with the customer on assigned projects in a customer facing role while planning and carrying out commissioning activities.
• Responsible for self-managing commissioning schedules for field installations in coordination with project managers, engineering team, and the Dir of Operations.
• Ability to read schematics, one-line diagrams and site construction drawings.
• Provide direct on-site commissioning duties including installation of battery modules, torqueing battery terminals to specified torque requirements, field documentation of commissioning activities, and assessing readiness to energize our energy storage systems.
• Work with third party control and communications programs for loading third party device firmware, connecting between networks, programming routing tables, assigning IP addresses for devices, etc.
• Connecting communications systems including single and multi-mode fiber, ethernet, RS485, RS232, CANBUS.
• Demonstrated capability to assess hazards and identify safety requirements and mitigation methods for working in and around energized electrical parts including PPE assessment, lockout tagout methods, and identifying all job-related hazards.
• Independently troubleshoot challenges encountered in the field.
• Obtain relevant professional certifications and licenses when required (e.g., NFPA 70E Training, Network Design Certifications, etc.).
• Responsibility for the promotion and adherence of Company Safety Policies.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from accredited four-year college or university preferred
• Minimum 3 years related work experience or equivalent.
• Experience with 1000VDC battery systems a plus
• Experience with 480Vac 3-phase Inverters a plus
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Project) and familiar with third party inverter control software and ModBUS communications.
• Solid communication and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to lift/handle battery components weighing up to 50 lbs
• Travel expectation is up to 50%.
• Office Environment – Primary Location
• HV Laboratory environment requiring the use of proper PPE
• Outdoor installations during Commissioning
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.