WHO WE ARE
For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions (CES), Con Edison Development (CED) and Con Edison Energy (CEE) have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies.
CED is a leading developer of solar, wind and battery storage throughout the United States and currently owns and operates over 2.6 GW of renewable energy projects and is the second largest owner and operator of solar photovoltaic facilities in the U.S. CED leads the industry in the development, ownership and operation of renewable energy projects by providing engineering, permitting, interconnection, construction management, start-up and commissioning expertise, as well as operations and maintenance services. CED also has deep experience in financial management for power generation facilities.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer great career opportunities and are able to check some of your boxes including:
• Be a part of a market leader and one of the largest solar energy producers in North America
• Improve the planet by helping us further reduce carbon emissions
• Collaborate on a dynamic team of high performing professionals
• Create and improve on our renewable innovation
• Obtain a customized career path
• Participate in social causes
• Obtain a competitive compensation package
• Select from comprehensive health plans and other benefits
• Utilize our generous tuition reimbursement program
ABOUT THE POSITION
The CEB have a growing renewable pipeline and we are looking to add as an essential member to the team in Valhalla, NY. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the procurement of major equipment (i.e. inverters, trackers, wind Turbines, HV transformers, etc) and solar modules (the “equipment”) to be installed in new or existing facilities, as well as optimize inventory of major equipment. Most of the equipment will be handed over to Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Contractors as Owner supplied equipment under a corresponding Facility Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Contracts (“EPC Contracts”).
Bachelor degree Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering (or equivalent) preferred
• 5 to 10 years of experience in EPC Pruchasing, Supply Chain management
• Experienced in equipment procurement for Renewable Electricity Generation Projects.
• Able to manage EPC Contracting of Renewable Electricity Generation Projects.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Nuance, SharePoint and Oracle Primavera Unifier (P6).
• An ability to work independently.
• An ability to effectively manage deadlines.
• A Strong organizational, analytical and technical aptitude.
• A Sound decision making capabilities.
• An ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.