WHO WE ARE
For nearly two decades, Con Edison Solutions (CES), Con Edison Development (CED) and Con Edison Energy (CEE) have been leading national providers of retail and wholesale energy services. Now, they are part of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses (CEB), a wholly owned subsidiary of Consolidated Edison, Inc., one of the nation’s largest investor-owned energy companies. The CEBs are the second largest owner of solar electric generating projects in the United States and 11th largest globally. The CEBs have assets in excess of $6 billion and revenue in excess of $1 billion.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer great career opportunities and are able to check some of your boxes including:
• Be a part of a market leader and one of the largest solar energy producers in North America
• Improve the planet by helping us further reduce carbon emissions
• Collaborate on a dynamic team of high performing professionals
• Create and improve on our renewable innovation
• Obtain a customized career path
• Obtain a competitive compensation package
• Select from comprehensive health plans and other benefits
• Utilize our generous tuition reimbursement program
• Participate in social causes
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Con Edison CEB continue to grow and remain a leader in renewable energy, the Finance and Accounting (F&A) Department seeks to hire a key member to work out of our Valhalla, NY office. The Accountant is responsible for certain general and commodity accounting and financial reporting functions for CEB.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
• CPA is preferred but not required
• 1 to 6 years of relevant financial and business experience is required
• Experience in the Energy industry is preferred
• Must have good analytical skills
• Knowledge of GAAP
• Must be able to communicate effectively in written and oral form
• Experience with Peoplesoft Financials or Oracle is preferred
• Able to interact effectively across organizational boundaries to achieve goals and meet deadlines
• High energy level and ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
• Able to handle multiple projects and priorities
• MS Office computer skills are required
We offer a very competitive salary with annual target bonus, 401k plan with company match, comprehensive benefit package, generous time off policy, matching Employee Stock Purchase Plan, excellent Tuition Aid Program and a collaborative working environment in a growing organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.